Question How do i tell the version of AGESA a motherboard has out of the box before buying it?

exwum

Prominent
Nov 9, 2020
I'm looking to get a B550 motherboard with the 5600X that i recently brought and i don't own a CPU compatible with the boards in order to perform a BIOS update. So i was wondering if there was any way, using the manufacturers website, to find out what AGESA version the motherboard has out of the box?

I'm currently intrested in the msi mag b550 tomahawk and the only part of the website that shows AGESA version is the section of downloadable updates. Is this accurate to what's in motherboards out of the box?

thanks.

I'm looking to get a B550 motherboard with the 5600X that i recently brought and i don't own a CPU compatible with the boards in order to perform a BIOS update. So i was wondering if there was any way, using the manufacturers website, to find out what AGESA version the motherboard has out of the box?

I'm currently intrested in the msi mag b550 tomahawk and the only part of the website that shows AGESA version is the section of downloadable updates. Is this accurate to what's in motherboards out of the box?

thanks.
BIOS version will also tell you which AGESA code it contains but only way to be sure is to ask seller.

Reactions: DMAN999