How Do I Test CPU & MOBO

finalcut1

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
I have a Toshiba 1955-S803 that has served me well for several years.
Now it has a line that goes accross the screen, and I need to decide if it's worth fixing.
It also just shuts down on its own now when trying to run CPU intensive apps like Adobe After Effects....

I have beat the tar out of the CPU & MOBO over the years rendering lots of video....

So... I need to try to get a good idea of what kind of shape this thing is realy in before I sink repair dollars in to it.

How do I test the CPU performance & integrity as well as the MOBO???

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Might want to see if you can take it apart to get the dust out of it.

Could be a chance that the CPU fan isn't working well because of not having good airflow.

THe line across the screen is a bad display. Not a bad cpu or mobo. If you hooked up a sepperate monitor you would see that there is no line now.

I have a Toshiba 1955-S803 that has served me well for several years.
Now it has a line that goes accross the screen, and I need to decide if it's worth fixing.
It also just shuts down on its own now when trying to run CPU intensive apps like Adobe After Effects....

I have beat the tar out of the CPU & MOBO over the years rendering lots of video....

So... I need to try to get a good idea of what kind of shape this thing is realy in before I sink repair dollars in to it.

How do I test the CPU performance & integrity as well as the MOBO???

finalcut1

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
THe line across the screen is a bad display. Not a bad cpu or mobo. If you hooked up a sepperate monitor you would see that there is no line now.

Ya - I knew that. That's partly why I wanted to test the CPU & MOBO.... To see if the cost of replacing the screen is worth it : )[/quote]