[SOLVED] How do i test if my RAMS are faulty?

Nov 9, 2019
pls read so you understand! Hello! My pc is having some issues and i talked with the companys CEO (i talked to ceo because this is my second time when i have problems with their pc) He told me to send pc to their office so they could look more into it. I told him that i bought new RAMS on christmas wich arent from their company and i enabled them my self. So he asked that try to find out if RAMS are faulty.

So the real question is, how can i test if they are faulty?

Solution
Memtest86 is the gold standard for testing ram.
It boots from a usb stick and does not use windows.
If you can run a full pass with NO errors, you should be ok.

You should know that ram must be matched to work properly.
If your new ram is 4 separate sticks, that is likely the problem.
One needs to buy ram in a single kit.

Bassplate

Reputable
pls read so you understand! Hello! My pc is having some issues and i talked with the companys CEO (i talked to ceo because this is my second time when i have problems with their pc) He told me to send pc to their office so they could look more into it. I told him that i bought new RAMS on christmas wich arent from their company and i enabled them my self. So he asked that try to find out if RAMS are faulty.

So the real question is, how can i test if they are faulty?
a Quick way is...
You can try to test each old ram by entering only one RAM stick per time into the computer and then try booting up...(IF it doesn't boot up you know that the RAM is faulty and so do the same with the other old ram)
If your system boots up with one of the old ram you will then know the RAM is still functionable

Nov 9, 2019
a Quick way is...
You can try to test each old ram by entering only one RAM stick per time into the computer and then try booting up...(IF it doesn't boot up you know that the RAM is faulty and so do the same with the other old ram)
If your system boots up with one of the old ram you will then know the RAM is still functionable
Nono i want to test my new rams! So i have 4 sticks on my pc rn so im going to take 3 and keep one stick there and then try to boot it up? If it boots up normally then im going to switch different stick and same thing ahain. Am i right?

Bassplate

Reputable
Nono i want to test my new rams! So i have 4 sticks on my pc rn so im going to take 3 and keep one stick there and then try to boot it up? If it boots up normally then im going to switch different stick and same thing ahain. Am i right?
Yeps that's right so if you want to test the new ram you can remove one ram stick and then insert the new ram in the old one's slot...Do with each one(That's how i test new and old ram sometimes)

Nov 9, 2019
Yeps that's right so if you want to test the new ram you can remove one ram stick and then insert the new ram in the old one's slot...Do with each one(That's how i test new and old ram sometimes)
yea but the thing is that on my old rams were 2 sticks and different model than mine now. I bought on christmas 4 new sticks not same model than my old ones if u know what i mean. NEW RAMS ARE DIFFERENT MODEL THAN OLD ONES AND NEW RAMS I HAVE 4 STICKS INSTEAD OF 2

Memtest86 is the gold standard for testing ram.
It boots from a usb stick and does not use windows.
If you can run a full pass with NO errors, you should be ok.

You should know that ram must be matched to work properly.
If your new ram is 4 separate sticks, that is likely the problem.
One needs to buy ram in a single kit.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS