[SOLVED] How do I transfer data from this old hard drive?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I have a very old laptop hard drive (from a laptop that bsod) and I wanted to transfer the data to my working computer. Is there some kind of adapter I can use? I tries using cables from my current computer but none fit with that old hd. Thanks. Picture is here: View: https://imgur.com/cbnYpkx

That's a really old IDE drive, so you'll need to find an IDE enclosure (there are some on Amazon). The four pins on the left are master/slave jumpers.

I would definitely take this opportunity to have a better backup solution in the future. Data should never need to be recovered from a 15-year-old hard drive. All important data should have at least one backup at a minimum (more is preferable).

Reactions: RegularGuy24
Jul 13, 2021
That's a really old IDE drive, so you'll need to find an IDE enclosure (there are some on Amazon). The four pins on the left are master/slave jumpers.

I would definitely take this opportunity to have a better backup solution in the future. Data should never need to be recovered from a 15-year-old hard drive. All important data should have at least one backup at a minimum (more is preferable).

Thank you! I will definitely backup more often now to my external

Jul 13, 2021
I have put my old hd into the converter and connected it to my computer. After the computer boots up and I sign in to my account , the screen is black and only control alt delete works. I can move the cursor but the screen is black

Edit: now my computer does not boot up at all it just says analog out of range

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS