[SOLVED] How do I transfer Windows 10 to new pc build ?

Nov 17, 2020
Hi I got my son new pc parts for Christmas i got a new case, motherboard, graphics card, ram, processor and psu I have no problem putting it all together I just want to know if I can take the hard drive from his old pc and hook it up to this new build without losing all his files and stuff. He has Windows 10 Pro running on his old pc how do you transfer that over to the new one?

Solution
Hi I got my son new pc parts for Christmas i got a new case, motherboard, graphics card, ram, processor and psu I have no problem putting it all together I just want to know if I can take the hard drive from his old pc and hook it up to this new build without losing all his files and stuff. He has Windows 10 Pro running on his old pc how do you transfer that over to the new one?
If their anything on the drive that can't be replaced you need to back that up so you don't lose it then do a fresh install of windows.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
If their anything on the drive that can't be replaced you need to back that up so you don't lose it then do a fresh install of windows.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Thanks for the reply how do you do a fresh install of Windows?

Additionally
For the OS activation, read and do this before you change any parts:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

Nov 17, 2020

Additionally
For the OS activation, read and do this before you change any parts:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change
Thanks for helping