How do i turn down my fan speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2018
I've just been building my pc, and my fans are loud asf. My pc is not even close to be warm. So, how do i turn them down. I have tried MSI Afterburner, fansped etc.
My fans:
corsair ml120 2x
Corsair h100i V2

Solution
You put it in the CPU_FAN header and you configure your CPU_FAN header to run at full speed/100% ... the exact terminology varies by motherboard manufacturer. This will be in your BIOS and the process to do it will be in your motherboard manual.

devbiker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2017
You need Corsair Link or iCue - preferably iCue as Link is EOL.

Your fan speeds will be determined by the liquid temperature (as they should be) ... so, if they are loud, your liquid is warm. This could mean a number of things but usually it points to poor airflow in the case and especially due to heat from the GPU being pushed through the cooler.

You may also not be powering the pump properly. Your cooler is powered by the CPU_FAN header and requires a constant 12V of power to operate properly. Not doing this can damage the pump. Furthermore, with the ML fans not getting the full 12V can also cause issues. This is done in your BIOS and varies by motherboard manufacturer.

See http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174442 for some more details.

devbiker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2017
You put it in the CPU_FAN header and you configure your CPU_FAN header to run at full speed/100% ... the exact terminology varies by motherboard manufacturer. This will be in your BIOS and the process to do it will be in your motherboard manual.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.