How do I uninstall ASUS WiFi GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfergos

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013
I inadvertently ended up installing this when putting AI Suite III on to my computer, I've had it on before and it caused trouble with the computer just deciding it will turn itself on. Same problem again, computer turning itself on. I can't for the life of me remember how I got rid of it the last time. Anyone know how to uninstall it?

Solution
hmm, when i installed it last year on disc it gave you a choice of what modules to install. Could try uninstalling AI SUite and then choosing a custom install, it should let you choose.

I haven't used it all year as its 5 way optimisation overclocked my CPU and I wouldn't have run it if I had known, I just wanted the fan functions. Then in winter its fan feature decided PC was cool enough to turn CPU fan off.. alarms went off and I soon removed software and set bios back to default settings.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is there a tab in AI Suite that shows the installed modules and their version numbers? I can't remember if you can do anything from there .

You could try Control panel/add remove programs and see if its shows in the listing? That would be the easy way.

You might even be able to run the installer disc for motherboard and see if it lets you remove.

elfergos

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013
If 'only' it was as simple and straightforward as that. WIFI GO doesn't show up as its own program on add/remove and the disc is only and installer. The Suite itself gives quite a simplistic view and from what I tell doesn't give away version history for anything other than BIOS, nor does it actually update from within the program, even the EZ updater to update the BIOS doesn't work unless you manually download and find the BIOS you need, most people use the USB flash update instead. ASUS, good hardware, terrible software.

EDIT: I'll source the WIFI GO! update and try that, perhaps they have solved the turn on issue

Colif

Win 11 Master
hmm, when i installed it last year on disc it gave you a choice of what modules to install. Could try uninstalling AI SUite and then choosing a custom install, it should let you choose.

I haven't used it all year as its 5 way optimisation overclocked my CPU and I wouldn't have run it if I had known, I just wanted the fan functions. Then in winter its fan feature decided PC was cool enough to turn CPU fan off.. alarms went off and I soon removed software and set bios back to default settings.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.