[SOLVED] How do I unlock my FX 8350

krytonsimon

Prominent
Oct 26, 2017
Right I've got an FX 8350 that is an eight core CPU. When i was overclocking as i was new to learning how to overclock the CPU i had all eight cores unlocked and amped the voltage over 1.5 volts which now i know is a dodgy area for overclocking and didn't back then. i went into the bios to set it back to the original state a bit overclocked to 4.4 ghz and left the voltage at 1.5 volts after it went out and i couldn't get it back up for a month so i left it for eight months to come tested if it still works and well it works like normal as well as cleared the cmos so i don't be stupid again and actually blow it. now i cant seem to unlock the CPU as it did have an option to unlock it and now i cant find it and tried everything on the motherboard which is a crosshair v formula z motherboard running at 3.8 GHz (which i underclocked) and g skill 2*2GB sticks at 1600 MHz dual. there used to be a video on it well its gone for some reason and its just now overclock, overclock, overclock and tried finding forums nothing appears up but just how to overclock an fx processor. In other words how do i unlock my fx 8350. someone help me cause it is eating my brain.

Solution
There's nothing to unlock in that processor, nothing is locked. Just find multiplier and voltage controls in the BIOS and raise them until temperature and power limits are reached while still stable.