How do I unlock my voltage?

pyr0_m4n

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
I have a XFX 7970 standard edition (925core 1375mem) when I go into MSI afterburner, I check the option to unlock voltage, but I still can't adjust it. All I need is a very slight increase to stabilize my overclock. any ideas?

Fishwithadeagle

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Try uninstalling the drivers for it and then using a driver remover. Then reinstall everything. Since I am not aware of xfx's rules, they may not allow voltage adjustment on their cards because of the lifetime warranty. I had that issue with a visiontek card.

pyr0_m4n

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

Didn't help. Tried a previous driver and was still locked out.

Fishwithadeagle

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
When you go into msi afterburner, does it identify your card by name usually saying something like radeon 7870. If it says 7800 series, then it is still not properly identifying your card. The more like issue is that xfx blocked unlocking core voltage. Call them just to make sure. As I said, I had previously purchased a visiontek card with a "llifetime" warranty and in turn they blocked unlocking voltage because they didn't want to be receiving cards that people had messed up due to adjusting the voltage improperly. You could always flash a completely unlocked bios that is easily found on google, but this will most likely block you from using then warranty if you had to in the future.