[SOLVED] How do I unlock power limit for my 10500 i9?

Solution
The review says they used a program called throttlestop to adjust the power limit.
I've never used Throttlestop, so I'm not going to be of any help there.

Also I found the setting called base clock. What do I set it to?
I don't know. Experiment - that's one of the basis for running devices beyond their intended limits.
I told you what NOT to run it at, at least.

If I'm able to remove the power limits in windows why do I need to adjust the base clock?
No one specifically said you NEED to.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Reactions: Belugamer
It is the 10900k model that has an unlockable multiplier.
Unfortunately your model is locked cause its draw limit is 65W compared to the k version which has 125W TDP.
Although some say MSI have overcome this power draw limit through Bios. I doubt you would be successful stability wise in the long run. The Motherboard is not really designed with VRMs to take the extra load and if you were successful you will require a dual rad AIO to keep CPU temps in check.
OFC some will say yes go ahead that they have been successful.
The above are just my opinions.

Last edited:

Victel

Honorable
Oct 31, 2016
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i9-10900/20.html
They tweaked the BCLK, or Base Clock, setting. "The cpu will refuse to boot if BCLK is 103 or higher."
They also raised power limits - likely in advanced cpu settings. You've got a mobo manual, that's your closest guide to finding it.

Cooling.

The review says they used a program called throttlestop to adjust the power limit. Also I found the setting called base clock. What do I set it to? If I'm able to remove the power limits in windows why do I need to adjust the base clock? I'm confused what I'm supposed to do exactly. As for cooling I think I'm okay, I have an alpha eisbaer 360 AIO.

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The review says they used a program called throttlestop to adjust the power limit.
I've never used Throttlestop, so I'm not going to be of any help there.

Also I found the setting called base clock. What do I set it to?
I don't know. Experiment - that's one of the basis for running devices beyond their intended limits.
I told you what NOT to run it at, at least.

If I'm able to remove the power limits in windows why do I need to adjust the base clock?
No one specifically said you NEED to.

Solution