CPU
AMD Ryzen 5

RAM
14.0GB Dual-Channel Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RGB
@ 399MHz (16-22-23-53)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B450M DS3H

Graphics
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics (Gigabyte)

I already disabled the XMP profile on the bios and yet the CPU-Z says that the RAM is still OCing to 3200MHz. I know I used a software back then to OC it to that since it is downright stable at that frequency with 1.350v with timings of 16,18,18,36,54 but I can't remember what software it is.

The reason I want to remove the OC is so I can perform a memtest86. I've been having blue screens because of Dying Light. It even literally bricked my PC once with me not being able to boot. And more than once the screen turned to static while I'm still hearing any program or video that I have running. Since Vega 11 uses system ram I'd say that the problem is there but I can't undo the OC.

In BIOS change RAM frequency to AUTO. It may be called 'multiplier' or something else, just make it be AUTO.

If you can't figure it out, just do a CMOS reset. Actually, that might be best. If you're not really confident of every setting you have to make in BIOS you might change one you shouldn't and not know it, a reset fixes it all to basic and safe.

wiredlord

Prominent
Dec 29, 2018
Ryzen Master maybe was used to overclock ram?

Have a look in uninstall programs to jog your memory.
While I did have Ryzen Master I never use it as I don't have any liquid coolant yet.
In BIOS change RAM frequency to AUTO. It may be called 'multiplier' or something else, just make it be AUTO.

If you can't figure it out, just do a CMOS reset. Actually, that might be best. If you're not really confident of every setting you have to make in BIOS you might change one you shouldn't and not know it, a reset fixes it all to basic and safe.
Will try that later.

How do I do a CMOS reset?

How do I do a CMOS reset?
Check your manual...there are two pins on the motherboard that you short together. Turn power off, disconnect the power connector, open cover, identify pins and short them together with a screwdriver. It's quite safe, even if you get the wrong pins you can't do anything bad since power is off and disconnected.

Lesson for the day...you should first learn how to do a CMOS reset (on your motherboard) anytime you start fiddling around with BIOS settings.

wiredlord

Prominent
Dec 29, 2018
Check your manual...there are two pins on the motherboard that you short together. Turn power off, disconnect the power connector, open cover, identify pins and short them together with a screwdriver. It's quite safe, even if you get the wrong pins you can't do anything bad since power is off and disconnected.

Lesson for the day...you should first learn how to do a CMOS reset (on your motherboard) anytime you start fiddling around with BIOS settings.
Thank you. But I really didn't touch the BIOS and didn't fiddle with the timings. And I used a software which I found in the Gigabyte App Center to be 'OC EasyTune'. Brought the timing down to 2.6MHz but hadn't started the memtest yet.

Thank you. But I really didn't touch the BIOS and didn't fiddle with the timings. And I used a software which I found in the Gigabyte App Center to be 'OC EasyTune'. Brought the timing down to 2.6MHz but hadn't started the memtest yet.
Are you saying you used that before? or when trying to remove the OC timings?

BTW, an application works by changing settings in CMOS so they will take effect at the next start-up. RyzenMaster does it the same way. By using them you are doing the same thing as you would in the BIOS, except with the uncertainty of knowing exactly what else they might be doing. I'd be very hesitant to use the Gigabyte app simply because their motherboard app's have a phenomenal reputation for being buggy. Resetting CMOS is still the best way to erase the effects of what those apps did in a safe way so you can be assured nothing was left incorrectly configured.