Question How do I Update BIOS on Intel DH61WW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2018
I need to update the BIOS on this motherboard. I have a 2nd gen i5 and a 3rd gen i5, I need to flash a BIOS onto it so the 3rd gen chip works on it. How do I do this? I had a look at the guide on here from like 2014 but it wasn't really much help and was quite vague. I don't have any storage drives attached so no OS installed. I have a USB drive to put the BIOS on to flash it.

You should know what the current BIOS version and Management Engine (ME) version are before attempting flash.

BIOS version 0099 added support for Microsoft Windows 8*. Due to structural changes in version 0099, once a board has been converted to 0099 or later, it will no longer be possible to downgrade the BIOS to version 0048 or earlier. Attempting a BIOS downgrade to a previous version may fail –the board BIOS will remain at its current version.

If the computer’s current BIOS version is 0048:

1. Check if the Intel Management Engine (Intel ME) Firmware is version 7 or 8.
a) Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS Setup.
b) Go to the Main > System Identification Information screen
c) The Intel ME version is listed here.
d)Press F10 to exit BIOS Setup.

2. If the Intel ME version is 7.x, use the BE0048.BIO file to do a BIOS Recoveryand then check the Intel ME Firmware version again to confirm that version 8.x has been installed.

3. Then update to version 0099 before updating to any later BIOS version, using one of these methods:
a) Express BIOS Update
b) F7 BIOS Flash Update
c) iFlash Update

4. Update to any later than 0099 BIOS version. Using one of these methods:
a) Express BIOS Update
b) F7 BIOS Flash Update
c) iFlash Update

If the computer’s current BIOS version is earlier than 0048:

1. You must first update to version 0048, using one of these methods:
a)Express Update
b)iFlash Update

Check if Intel Management Engine is... (see Release Notes in above .pdf)

If the computer’s current BIOS version is earlier than 0048:
1.You must first update to version 0048, using one of these methods:
1) Express Update
2)iFlash Update

Check if the Intel Management Engine (Intel ME) Firmware is version 7 or 8.

a)Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS Setup.
b)Go to the Main > System Identification Information screen
c)The Intel ME version is listed here.
d)Press F10 to exit BIOS Setup.

If the Intel ME version is 7.x, use the BE0048.BIO file to do a BIOS Recovery and then check the Intel ME Firmware version again to confirm that version 8.x has been installed

Instructions for Recovery BIOS Updates (only if If the Intel ME version is 7.x)
Recovery with Bootable USB Thumb Drive

Use this method if the recovery file (*.BIO) is too large to fit on a floppy disk or if the desktop board does not include floppy drive support.
1.Copy the recovery file (*.bio) to a bootable USB thumb drive.
2.Place the thumb drive in a USB port of the target system.
3.Shut down the system and unplug AC power.
4.Open the chassis and remove the BIOS Configuration Jumper. See the Technical Product Specification for details including the location of this jumper.
5.Power the system on.
6.Wait 2-5 minutes for the update to complete.
7.System will either turn off when the recovery process is completed or it will prompt you to turn off the system. 8.Remove the thumb drive from the USB port.
9.Replace the BIOS Configuration Jumper.
10.Restart system

Confirm that ME version 8.x has been installed

Then you must then update to version 0099 before upgrading to any later BIOS, using one of these methods.

1)Express BIOS Update
2)F7 BIOS Flash Update
3)iFlash Update5.

Update to any later than 0099 BIOS version. Using one of these methods.

1)Express BIOS Update
2)F7 BIOS Flash Update
3)iFlash Update

There are no special steps required for updating from BIOS version later than 0099 to a more current BIOS version

Note:BIOS Update [BEH6110H.86A] 0048, will no longer be available after November 22, 2019

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

ajaymeda

Commendable
Jan 16, 2021
The download links from Intel are no longer available. Does anyone have any of the above BIOS files (especially need the 0048) in .BIO format? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.