Question how do i update my bios

Apr 6, 2020
how do i update my bios?
motherboard: gigabyte h81m-hd3
graphics card: asus nvidia gtx 1060 3gb
ram: ddr3 8gb
processor: i5 4570.
how do i update bios? i dont know which version i have rev1 or rev2 and i dont know where to download the bios from, HELP!!

Then... open up your case and inspect the motherboard for the model number.

The revision (1.0 or 2.0) should be imprinted somewhere on the motherboard.

Make sure you visually inspect the board thoroughly... it might be hidden in a corner.

EDIT: found it... I highlited the location in green:

mSUjDSD.jpg

Should be in the same place on yours too.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020
i have rev 2.0, so where can i download bios for it?
in gigabytes site on h81m-hd3 rev 2 its wrong file i think because everytime i go into q-flash it just doesnt want to open the file everytime i click it it just goes inside the file to choose smaller file

i have rev 2.0, so where can i download bios for it?
in gigabytes site on h81m-hd3 rev 2 its wrong file i think because everytime i go into q-flash it just doesnt want to open the file everytime i click it it just goes inside the file to choose smaller file

So, you download the latest BIOS version from here:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H81M-HD3-rev-20/support#support-dl

In your case is the FB BIOS version.

1.Format the USB drive as FAT32 first.

2.From the ZIP BIOS archive only copy H81MHD32. FB file to your USB drive.

3.You should be able to see the file from the QFlash utility in your BIOS and update.

Apr 6, 2020
1st how do i make my usb drive fat32? (ive done this part)
2nd there is no h81mhd32. fb file, or i cant find it?

Last edited:
1st how do i make my usb drive fat32? (ive done this part)
2nd there is no h81mhd32. fb file, or i cant find it?

1. Right click on the usb drive -> format -> choose FAT32 at file system.
  2. Yes it is I just downloaded the .zip from their website... you need to open up the zip file, and there are 3 files one of them is the h81mhd32. fb
Here's the download link for the BIOS file:

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_ga-h81m-hd3_v2.x_fb.zip

You need to double click on the .zip file, it's an archive... insde there are 3 files and one of the is the .FB ROM file.
Copy that to your FAT32 USB drive.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020
So, you download the latest BIOS version from here:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H81M-HD3-rev-20/support#support-dl

In your case is the FB BIOS version.

1.Format the USB drive as FAT32 first.

2.From the ZIP BIOS archive only copy H81MHD32. FB file to your USB drive.

3.You should be able to see the file from the QFlash utility in your BIOS and update.
oh thanks now thats i updated my bios my pc wont startup its stuck on black screen with white blinking line

oh thanks now thats i updated my bios my pc wont startup its stuck on black screen with white blinking line

Try clearing CMOS.

You need to short those 2 CLR_CMOS pins on this diagram:

uqouaU8.png

To short them, turn off your computer and take a screwdriver.... touch both CLR_CMOS pins at the same time with your screwdriver for about 10-20 seconds. Turn on the system afterwards.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020
Just to make sure.... these are the pins:

C91g9Bt.png

Unplug the power cable from your computer before doing it... touch both pins at the same time for 10-20 seconds. Plug the power cable back and turn on the system.
i touched those pins i pulled the power cable of the power supply and still nothing happens

Apr 6, 2020
Just to make sure.... these are the pins:

C91g9Bt.png

Unplug the power cable from your computer before doing it... touch both pins at the same time for 10-20 seconds. Plug the power cable back and turn on the system.
i touched those pins and unplugged the power supply cable and put it back in after and boot it uo and still nothin happens

i just removed it but it still blinks -__-

The blinking white line means that your system can't boot from the boot drive.
Again, unplug the power cable and remove the BIOS battery named BAT on the motherboard diagram above for 15-20 minutes. Before putting the battery back in touch those 2 CLR_CMOS pins again for 10-20 seconds.
Before starting the system unplug all your storage devices too(HDDs, SSDs, USBs, CD/DVDs).

Apr 6, 2020
The blinking white line means that your system can't boot from the boot drive.
Again, unplug the power cable and remove the BIOS battery named BAT on the motherboard diagram above for 15-20 minutes. Before putting the battery back in touch those 2 CLR_CMOS pins again for 10-20 seconds.
Before starting the system unplug all your storage devices too(HDDs, SSDs, USBs, CD/DVDs).
i cant find a BAT named cable? is it pcb?