[SOLVED] How do I upgrade my gpu in Toshiba satellite c50-a,

CoolRobinGamer

Reputable
Jul 3, 2016
My laptop model is Toshiba satellite c50-a and I was thinking about upgrading it's gpu and well ive watched some vids of disassembly of the machine but I don't see any gpu being said or i might not have took notice of it. Should I just buy an external gpu? And if you do what do you suggest?

Solution
Yep, there is no thunderbolt, there is no expresscard slot. You can however use internal wifi card slot (minipcie), its most likely whitelisted by bios. There is a way around it by removing the whitelist with modded bios or "hotswapping" during operating system. You can upgrade the CPU most likely.

This would be a hobby project for you, if your a tech student or interested in these kind of things go ahead, but if you just want a quick upgrade get a new laptop, i suggest that unless you really are into it.
You cant, theres no removable gpu in any toshiba satellite c50-a model.
Only way to make it happen is eGPU you dont have thunderbolt port its so old model, what about expresscard slot, does your model have it?

edit: this all depends on your cpu if its i3 then there is no point unless you also upgrade that (might be soldered depending on model)

USAFRet

Titan
My laptop model is Toshiba satellite c50-a and I was thinking about upgrading it's gpu and well ive watched some vids of disassembly of the machine but I don't see any gpu being said or i might not have took notice of it. Should I just buy an external gpu? And if you do what do you suggest?
What are the actual specs on this laptop?
RAM, CPU.

99.99% chance you can't change the GPU.
98% chance the rest of it is too weak to worry about an eGPU.

CoolRobinGamer

Reputable
Jul 3, 2016
Okay okay thank you for the reply, tho if in some case i have thunderbolt 3 is it still possible? Or Should i just buy a new laptop ahahhaa
You cant, theres no removable gpu in any toshiba satellite c50-a model.
Only way to make it happen is eGPU you dont have thunderbolt port its so old model, what about expresscard slot, does your model have it?

edit: this all depends on your cpu if its i3 then there is no point unless you also upgrade that (might be soldered depending on model)

Yep, there is no thunderbolt, there is no expresscard slot. You can however use internal wifi card slot (minipcie), its most likely whitelisted by bios. There is a way around it by removing the whitelist with modded bios or "hotswapping" during operating system. You can upgrade the CPU most likely.

This would be a hobby project for you, if your a tech student or interested in these kind of things go ahead, but if you just want a quick upgrade get a new laptop, i suggest that unless you really are into it.

Solution