[SOLVED] How do I upgrade my non-future proof PC?

NaginRash

Reputable
Jul 18, 2016
My PC was built by a very short-sighted 12 year old me who, in spite of all reason, went for a CPU in a LGA1150 socket and, by extension, DDR3.
Needless to say, it is now quite outdated and having a little hard time running newer games, while recording/streaming makes games unplayable.

How do I upgrade the following build in the most effective manner without breaking the budget? (Or is it such a lost cause that I should simply buy a new computer, this time with future proofing in mind?)
Keep in mind I don't need to be running the craziest games at 240 fps on ultra, I'm perfectly fine with consistently good frames on low/medium in games like the new COD, and extremely good frames in games like CS:GO or Valorant (I play 4:3 stretched which helps with the fps anyway). Ideally I would be able to stream all of this to my friends.

CPU: intel i5 4590 @ 3.30 GHz
GPU: msi gtx 960 2gb
RAM: corsair 8gb DDR3
MB: asrock h81m (iirc)
PSU: EVGA 500w 80+

Solution
For games you should prioritize gpu to upgrade, after that add an ssd as your main disk, if your ram is still a single 8gig you could add another 8gig ram.
My PC was built by a very short-sighted 12 year old me who, in spite of all reason, went for a CPU in a LGA1150 socket and, by extension, DDR3.
Needless to say, it is now quite outdated and having a little hard time running newer games, while recording/streaming makes games unplayable.

How do I upgrade the following build in the most effective manner without breaking the budget? (Or is it such a lost cause that I should simply buy a new computer, this time with future proofing in mind?)
Keep in mind I don't need to be running the craziest games at 240 fps on ultra, I'm perfectly fine with consistently good frames on low/medium in games like the new COD, and extremely good frames in games like CS:GO or Valorant (I play 4:3 stretched which helps with the fps anyway). Ideally I would be able to stream all of this to my friends.

CPU: intel i5 4590 @ 3.30 GHz
GPU: msi gtx 960 2gb
RAM: corsair 8gb DDR3
MB: asrock h81m (iirc)
PSU: EVGA 500w 80+

Where are you located and what is your budget?

TRENDING THREADS