Question How do I use case On button to switch PSU on? (No motherboard) ?

crooked windows

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2013
Wanting to use the Case Power button to trigger PSU on and off. As far as I understand, the PSU must have its "Power On" pin shorted to ground permanently and The Case power on / off button is only a momentary switch. Is there a hack that can be done? fyi building a case air filter system.

crooked windows

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2013
Change the switch.
Any SPST would work.

Although, why are you using a computer PSU without the rest of the computer?
thanks for that , didn't really want to alter the power button on the case but will probably have to. and to answer your question, it's a budget build, no it's actually to supply cold air to the main PC, house the rooms lighting drivers and filter the rooms air AIO,

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The switch in the psu is a hard rocker, it's a straight up SPST. ATX case switches are momentary, it's all they need to be to initiate bios.

Now you could rig up a relay to act as a SPST with the momentary, but that would require re-routing the psu's switch leads through the relay.

crooked windows

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2013
The switch in the psu is a hard rocker, it's a straight up SPST. ATX case switches are momentary, it's all they need to be to initiate bios.

Now you could rig up a relay to act as a SPST with the momentary, but that would require re-routing the psu's switch leads through the relay.
yeah I think this is going to work best . any idea of a relay switch? Just found an error on Fractals pin numbering of the 560w PSU, though it could be the Scandinavian rounding numbers up system.

Latest posts