How do I use my new Samsung SSD to just play games on?

grochobg

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017
Hello there,

I recently bought a new internal SSD from Amazon.com, and I don't want to put my System on it or anything.
I just want to use it to play games on it.
So My HD is running the system and the SSD is running the games.
How do I set it up?
I couldn't find a third SATA Cable to put it on. The first one is connected to my HD and the other one is connected to the Optical Drive. What do I do?

Solution
Buy a SATA cable and connect it to a third SATA port.

If your PC has only 2 SATA ports which I doubt , Then you will need to disconnect the DVD .

as for how to set it up , well when you install the game, choose the SSD drive for destination . dont install Automatic , choose custom install.

Having Said that , it is better to use the SSD for the OS was well. dont worr much the OS does not take a lot of space. What takes space is the DATA so keep your DATA on the harddisk , you can set up the internet cache folder in the harddisk as well to save SSD space and lower Write usage.

samer.forums

Notable
BANNED
Sep 30, 2017
Buy a SATA cable and connect it to a third SATA port.

If your PC has only 2 SATA ports which I doubt , Then you will need to disconnect the DVD .

as for how to set it up , well when you install the game, choose the SSD drive for destination . dont install Automatic , choose custom install.

Having Said that , it is better to use the SSD for the OS was well. dont worr much the OS does not take a lot of space. What takes space is the DATA so keep your DATA on the harddisk , you can set up the internet cache folder in the harddisk as well to save SSD space and lower Write usage.

Solution

arnabdas

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015
Check for the sata port in your motherboard, if you have a third port buy a sata cable to connect the drive(most of the motherboards have 3 ports now). If don't have the port better to disconnect the optical drive.
If you want to to install the game in the ssd chose the location by clicking custom option during the game installation.
I know you want to use the ssd for gaming only but it would be a great idea to install your os there, it will take maximum of 5-6 gb space and as a reward you will amazed at your boot time and performance.