How do I work out what is causing random high latency interruptions ?

May 12, 2018
Okay I got a new computer on Christmas and I got some small network interface device that worked for a while but I have changed that to an Netgear A6100 ever since after the new year I have been getting random high latency and have tried disabling the new network search via Console Command and still getting this random high ping every 10 secs or so.

What I am asking for is a way to determine a way to find the source of the issue as I have recently replaced the network router and issue still persists. Of course this has to be my network adapter which is an Netgear A6100 currently. I want to know if this an average problem with the adapter of something I am missing.

Solution
You can test your bufferbloat on dslreports. It can confirm it.

Figuring out where it's coming from on your network will require a network monitor on your router.

The way packets are serviced is typically fifo (first in first out). When you max your connection something has to wait in line, which is what causes the latency when it's bufferbloat. If you're on wireless there are more factors to consider. I used to play wow with someone who would DC every time someone used the microwave or called his house, because those used the same radio frequency.
May 12, 2018
Also I have tried using "netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=yes interface="Wifi 2"" to disable the refresh on searching for networks that might be interfering with the current netowork.

You can test your bufferbloat on dslreports. It can confirm it.

Figuring out where it's coming from on your network will require a network monitor on your router.

The way packets are serviced is typically fifo (first in first out). When you max your connection something has to wait in line, which is what causes the latency when it's bufferbloat. If you're on wireless there are more factors to consider. I used to play wow with someone who would DC every time someone used the microwave or called his house, because those used the same radio frequency.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS