How do make my computer boot from my ssd

anthonyweaver174

Prominent
Jul 28, 2018
Ok so I'm building a gaming pc and I was using both a sdd and hdd in my build. so I'm gonna use a usb drive, download windows on the usb drive from another computer, put it on my new computer, and install it. but how do I install it on my new computer ssd so next time I turn on my computer my computer boot system and my windows 10 boot from my ssd?

Solution
Actually, I'd do it the other way around. Connect the SATA cable to the HDD, but leave it disconnected from the motherboard. You can go ahead and connect the power cable to it, though. Install Windows onto the SSD, install drivers, update Windows, and then shut down. Connect the HDD SATA cable to the motherboard and power back up.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Actually, I'd do it the other way around. Connect the SATA cable to the HDD, but leave it disconnected from the motherboard. You can go ahead and connect the power cable to it, though. Install Windows onto the SSD, install drivers, update Windows, and then shut down. Connect the HDD SATA cable to the motherboard and power back up.

-Wolf sends

Solution

TRENDING THREADS