How do mark my own Topic as SOLVED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreelor

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
How do mark my own Topic as SOLVED?

I just now spent 1/2 hour searching everywhere I could for the answer to this question. Can't find the answer.

Kreelor

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009

Yes. Accurate information and Good instructions are especially important to people who are new to something, or else suffering AA_ADD (like me).

"Age Accelerated Attention Deficit Disorder"

I'm nearly 65.

heh heh

Kreelor

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009

I'm still a little bit confused.

I did ask a question, and you answered it. But, I see no option to pick yours as "Best Answer." Maybe I was supposed to click something else when I first wrote the Topic question?

To me, it seems that by the mere fact that my Topic was a question, I should be able to pick the best answer given by others, and then apply it.

Is is too late now to give your reply a "Best Answer" rating?

EXT64

Splendid
A mod can switch it for you if you ask nicely (however for a post like this, definitely don't worry about it. But for a true technical question it is nice for those who read the post later).

However, here's the deal. There are two types of posts:

Discussion

Question

After you press "ask the community" there are two tabs at the top. Question and (the default) discussion. Choose question if you want to give a best answer.

randomizer

Champion
You don't need to change the author. You should just be able to edit it (only one way) as is. Maybe it works for normal users too, but I don't know. When in doubt, assume it doesn't work. That's how I use this software.

TorQueMoD

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2008
In case anyone else missed it, the way to make a reply as the best answer is to click the Trophy Icon to the left of their post. I thought that was just marking an achievement that people had earned :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY