How do mark my own Topic as SOLVED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreelor

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
How do mark my own Topic as SOLVED?

I just now spent 1/2 hour searching everywhere I could for the answer to this question. Can't find the answer.

Solution
A mod can switch it for you if you ask nicely (however for a post like this, definitely don't worry about it. But for a true technical question it is nice for those who read the post later).

However, here's the deal. There are two types of posts:

Discussion

Question

After you press "ask the community" there are two tabs at the top. Question and (the default) discussion. Choose question if you want to give a best answer.

Kreelor

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009

Yes. Accurate information and Good instructions are especially important to people who are new to something, or else suffering AA_ADD (like me).

"Age Accelerated Attention Deficit Disorder"

I'm nearly 65.

heh heh

Kreelor

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009

I'm still a little bit confused.

I did ask a question, and you answered it. But, I see no option to pick yours as "Best Answer." Maybe I was supposed to click something else when I first wrote the Topic question?

To me, it seems that by the mere fact that my Topic was a question, I should be able to pick the best answer given by others, and then apply it.

Is is too late now to give your reply a "Best Answer" rating?

A mod can switch it for you if you ask nicely (however for a post like this, definitely don't worry about it. But for a true technical question it is nice for those who read the post later).

However, here's the deal. There are two types of posts:

Discussion

Question

After you press "ask the community" there are two tabs at the top. Question and (the default) discussion. Choose question if you want to give a best answer.

Solution

TorQueMoD

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2008
In case anyone else missed it, the way to make a reply as the best answer is to click the Trophy Icon to the left of their post. I thought that was just marking an achievement that people had earned :p

Status
Not open for further replies.