How do set my Intel 3770 (non "K") to run at 39X all the time?

Maxtonight

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
As I watch my I7 3770 (non "K") CPU running on CPU - Z, I notice that despite the fact that it is a "locked" CPU, the multiplier is changing in real-time from 16X to 39X, and the FSB stays constant. This suggests to me that although overclocking (over 39X) may be impossible utilizing the multiplier, changing it isn't. Therefore, I would like to lock my system in at the 39X speed all the time if possible, and wonder if any of you wild and crazy "tweakers" can tell me how to do it. I'm thinking it is probably the "stepping" feature, but there are a couple of other "performance settings" that I have never seen before, and I don't know what they do or how they interact as all my previous systems back to the K6 have been AMD.

Before I get an onslaught of responses that sound like: "Sell the GPU and spend an extra $20.00 on a (K)," let me point out that this system is used for both work as well as play and must be very stable during long rendering processes, and I am not interested in radical overclocking, just getting ever ounce of speed from the stock system that is possible.

Dell Optiplex 9010, I7 3770, 16Gigs DDR 3 RAM, GTX 1050 TI

Solution
You won't gain anything by making the CPU run at the top speed except extra heat and power use. If there is a core issue you are trying to fix, list that.

If you really want to do the change, set power options to high performance in all settings and look in the BIOS for SpeedStep or other options like that for the CPU.
You won't gain anything by making the CPU run at the top speed except extra heat and power use. If there is a core issue you are trying to fix, list that.

If you really want to do the change, set power options to high performance in all settings and look in the BIOS for SpeedStep or other options like that for the CPU.

Solution