Question How do/should I move a WinRE (Windows Recovery Enviroment) partition to a different drive?

Sparktown

Honorable
Jan 28, 2015
I migrated my Windows 10 partition to a new SSD using Samsung's data migration tool. The main Windows 10 parition was moved and works fine, but the 458 mb WinRE partition wasn't moved by the data migration tool to the new SSD. I have some questions:

1) What is the best way to move the WinRE partition to my new SSD drive? I don't see an easy way to do this in Windows 10 Disk Management. This is looks easier to do with Gparted on a Linux USB boot drive. However, I'm always hesitant to move Windows partitions with non-Windows software. Do I need to place the WinRE partition in a certain location on the drive (before or after the Windows 10 partition)?

2) Is there an easier way just to create a new WinRE partition on the new SSD rather than moving the old one?

3) Do I really need or should I even bother moving the WinRE partition? It is only 458 mb, so that doesn't seem too bad if it gives me some good functionality. I already have a Windows 10 boot drive, but I suppose I might lose that.

I don't think it affects things, but it might be worth mentioning I moved my Windows 10 partition from a smaller SSD with MBR to a larger SSD with GPT.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Colif

Win 11 Master