[SOLVED] How do these memory tests work?

Aspect13

Prominent
Feb 26, 2020
So I was wondering what do these tests actually do and what are the differences. Which one is the slowest and why and which one is the fastest?
  1. MATS+
  1. Stride38
  1. WSCHKR
  1. WStride-6
  1. CHCKR4
  1. WCHCKR3
  1. ERAND
  1. Stride6
  1. CHCKR8

Solution
So I was wondering what do these tests actually do and what are the differences. Which one is the slowest and why and which one is the fastest?
  1. MATS+
  2. Stride38
  3. WSCHKR
  4. WStride-6
  5. CHCKR4
  6. WCHCKR3
  7. ERAND
  8. Stride6
  9. CHCKR8
i see where these come from - https://sourcedaddy.com/windows-7/how-to-use-windows-memory-diagnostics.html
memtest is better idea

You should have gone to source

Colif

Win 11 Master
  1. MATS+
  2. Stride38
  3. WSCHKR
  4. WStride-6
  5. CHCKR4
  6. WCHCKR3
  7. ERAND
  8. Stride6
  9. CHCKR8
i see where these come from - https://sourcedaddy.com/windows-7/how-to-use-windows-memory-diagnostics.html
memtest is better idea

You should have gone to source

Solution
I don't know what each of those test apps do exactly, but most memory test applications will do a pattern fill of some sort (like all 0s, all 1s, or alternating), do a read back, and compare what the RAM gives them.

As far as which one is faster or slower, it's sort of irrelevant in the sense that it depends on how confident you are with the results. A faster test usually means the RAM wasn't tested as much than a slower test. For example, one app may do a single pass over the entire memory space, but another may do it multiple times for confidence. Obviously doing multiple passes is slower, but if it comes back with no errors, then you can be more confident that the RAM doesn't have a problem.