Question How do these monitors compare?

CalDaMan

Honorable
Jun 3, 2016
Hi, I'm trying to figure out which 4k 32" monitor to buy and I've narrowed it down to these two:

Dell S3221QS

ASUS VP32UQ

It might be obvious to say the more expensive one is better but is that true and if so by how much? I do want to save as much money as I can and if you have a cheaper recommendation that would be as good please let me know.

I can't.

I don't use 4k.

I generally use Dell monitors, but I am not under any illusions about quality control on any brand.

If you have an issue, you are likely to suffer at the hands of customer service...regardless of your choice.

I don't know any way out of that problem other than wishing and hoping.

You can read reviews and get recommendations all you want....none of which will help if your luck runs out.

Reactions: CalDaMan

CalDaMan

Honorable
Jun 3, 2016
Sounds like you've had a lot of problems with your monitors, personally I've never had to use any customer service for any device.

I've decided to just not be cheap and go for the ASUS VP32UQ eye care monitor. Fingers crossed this doesn't lead to my first customer service nightmare.

Sounds like you've had a lot of problems with your monitors, personally I've never had to use any customer service for any device.

I've decided to just not be cheap and go for the ASUS VP32UQ eye care monitor. Fingers crossed this doesn't lead to my first customer service nightmare.

I've had exactly 1 problem.

That was with Dell customer service. In India or wherever.

It had failed within the warranty period.

I had to make at least 8 or 10 phone calls to get it replaced, when it should have taken 2 at most.

Every time I called, I had to repeat my entire story to each person, start to finish, top to bottom.....as if each call was the first one about the problem. I dealt with a new person every time.

Every person I spoke to said they would call me back. None of them ever did.

You can probably understand my exasperation.

I continue to use Dell (and others) because I have zero reason to believe customer service is any better with others. If they don't fail, they are fine. It's purely a dice roll.

Good luck on the Asus.

Reactions: CalDaMan

SunRoseAlice

Reputable
Aug 19, 2020
Hi, I'm trying to figure out which 4k 32" monitor to buy and I've narrowed it down to these two:

Dell S3221QS

ASUS VP32UQ

It might be obvious to say the more expensive one is better but is that true and if so by how much? I do want to save as much money as I can and if you have a cheaper recommendation that would be as good please let me know.

First I would ask what you are planning on using the monitor for.

Otherwise, the ASUS is cheaper, can get a little brighter, and offers 100% sRGB support so it probably is a bit more color accurate. However, I would assumed both monitors are 8bit+FRC not true 10bit in color. That said, if you are only looking for a general purpose monitor and don't have any specific demands like creative work or gaming then I would go with the ASUS for the former reasons, but both would be fine.

Personally, I would steer well clear of Dell for their customer service alone. I have an ASUS Pro-Art monitor, but have yet to have to work with ASUS support.

CalDaMan

Honorable
Jun 3, 2016
Thanks for the info guys, this monitor will be for gaming.

I was under the impression that a priority account on Geforce Now would let me stream in 4K but I was wrong so I've decided to go for a 1440p monitor. I really don't know which to get.

Here's what I'd like:
32"
No curve
Freesync
1440p
120hz
No more than £300

Any recommendations? My fear is getting one with a crap looking screen.

Edit: Currently I'm liking the look of the AOC AGON AG273QXP, 32" ones don't seem to exist at this price range.

Last edited: