How do these voltages look??

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
This is under idle conditions... I have just never paid a great deal of attention to voltages, and have become aware that this is something I should learn a little about. The system is a A64 3200+ and a K8N Neo2 platinum mobo.

+3.3 ---> 3.07 (avg)
+5.00 ---> 4.98 (avg)
+12.00 ---> 12.66 (avg)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
3.3v looks a little too low (below what I'd consider good for system stability).

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
I am using MBM5 to monitor. Is there anything I can do to raise that voltage... I am at work right now so I can't look at it, but I don't think I have an option in my BIOS to raise the 3.3V?? I really hope that doesn't mean I should get a new PSU. I don't think I will for right now, as I haven't noticed any problems (knock on wood). I will take a more indepth look tonight and see if the voltage is fluctuating alot.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
there is no setting to raise the voltage, either the readings are wrong or they are right and you will need a new psu. if your system is stable i wouldnt worry about it.

this is my boomstick!

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
On my two systems, MBM5 is only correct on 3 out of the 6 voltage reading that I get. The 3.3 in one of my systems is actually listed under a different voltage. What brand PSU do you have? See what your readings are in your BIOS.

sh1ft3d

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2004
Noob question: Is MBM5 freeware that I could download? I've been looking for a PSU monitoring software package that I could use.

I use Hardware Monitor a.k.a HMonitor.

See if both readings are the same