How do you boot off a partition with the same operating system?

Euphroc

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017
Both partitions have Windows 7 installed, they are a clone of each other. I want to know how I could boot into the other partition as they have the same operating system.

Solution
This is basic dual-booting procedure, it should be part of your research and understanding of how to dual-boot to know how to do this before trying to work with it. You should be able to easily google how to set up / edit the Windows bootloader - that's what you want to google.

I would recommended, just make sure you save and note down any information you find so you can easily find it again later. I personally have done multi-boot setups or troubleshooted boot issues multiple times but it's not often enough to remember off the top of my head, especially keep straight the differences among working with XP, Windows 7, linux's GRUB legacy or GRUB 2... I can never keep it straight in my mind, which is why I can't answer this...

Sp3ctre18

Reputable
Mar 1, 2017
This is basic dual-booting procedure, it should be part of your research and understanding of how to dual-boot to know how to do this before trying to work with it. You should be able to easily google how to set up / edit the Windows bootloader - that's what you want to google.

I would recommended, just make sure you save and note down any information you find so you can easily find it again later. I personally have done multi-boot setups or troubleshooted boot issues multiple times but it's not often enough to remember off the top of my head, especially keep straight the differences among working with XP, Windows 7, linux's GRUB legacy or GRUB 2... I can never keep it straight in my mind, which is why I can't answer this question off the top of my head lol. :pt1cable:

Solution