[SOLVED] How do you / can you determine what BIOS version will ship with new board?

bloodedbythought

Prominent
May 21, 2022
I am looking into buying an ASUS X570-Pro board to use with my Ryzen 5 5600X, but I am worried that it will ship with an old bios version. Is there a way to determine what it will likely ship with?

I'd love to buy at a retail store, but it's basically Amazon or Newegg if it is not carried at BestBuy here in Seattle, sadly. I should note I have no spare CPU to flash the bios with...

Solution
I am looking into buying an ASUS X570-Pro board to use with my Ryzen 5 5600X, but I am worried that it will ship with an old bios version. Is there a way to determine what it will likely ship with?

I'd love to buy at a retail store, but it's basically Amazon or Newegg if it is not carried at BestBuy here in Seattle, sadly. I should note I have no spare CPU to flash the bios with...
Somebody will have to look at it's box, it should be marked there or at least manufacturing date, SKU,serial number etc. Mbs made within last 6 month to a year would be almost safe bet.

Somebody will have to look at it's box, it should be marked there or at least manufacturing date, SKU,serial number etc. Mbs made within last 6 month to a year would be almost safe bet.

Solution