How do you change input on a monitor.

Larry Litmanen

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
This is a stupid question, i am using TV as a display and when i want to change between a PC and an XBOX ONE i simply select input on the remote control and chose HDMI2.

How do you switch on a monitor between all these inputs, does PC need to work to make that change.

Solution
Monitors always use either mechanical switch type buttons or sense touch buttons, and some models that are more affordable are a pain to navigate.

TVs are always more convenient to use, especially larger monitors that are placed farther away from reach.

That said, since monitors typically don't have TV tuners, most just leave them in one input mode for PC use. Most of the settings are one time adjustment too, esp if you find one that works adequately for all content you watch.
The method can vary from one monitor to another.

You only list your TV in your sig, and you didn't say what model your monitor is. Otherwise I'd have likely found the answer and posted it. The manual for your brand and model of monitor should explain input switching though. If you didn't receive a paper or CD manual, they can often be found on the manufacture's site in pdf form.

Larry Litmanen

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015

I don't have a monitor, i was just wondering how do you switch on it. Someone was telling me to get a Dell monitor that was on sale today on Slickdeals (27 inch 1440P for $550 and a free $200 Dell Giftcard) so i was just thinking about how do people do it.

How do you guys do it on your monitors, is there a remote or simply a button on the side, is it super quick like it is on TV so i can just quickly between console and PC.

Monitors always use either mechanical switch type buttons or sense touch buttons, and some models that are more affordable are a pain to navigate.

TVs are always more convenient to use, especially larger monitors that are placed farther away from reach.

That said, since monitors typically don't have TV tuners, most just leave them in one input mode for PC use. Most of the settings are one time adjustment too, esp if you find one that works adequately for all content you watch.

Solution