[SOLVED] how do you change the user of the mac's name?

Apr 6, 2020
I brought my Macbook Pro 2017 13" from CEX here in Australia in 2018. I was stupid enough not to factory reset it and I only just realised that my username is 'cex' in the mac's disk. Is there any way to change the user of the mac disk without factory resetting it?

Thanks, Colby

Solution
Yes you can. Go to your Mac and open up System Preferences. Then click on the option that is named "Users & Groups". On the bottom of the tab there should be a lock, (to the right of it should say, "Click the lock to make changes"), it will prompt you to put in your password. Type it in and press "Unlock". Then, click on the name that you want to change, (it should be on the left of the screen under the category named "Current User"), then right click on it and an option named "Advanced Options..." should pop up, click on it. There will be a lot of confusing options but you want to click on the box that says "Account Name", and change it to your full name all in lowercase. Example: timcook. Then, there will be a tab below it named "Full...

RamBoy_69

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
Yes you can. Go to your Mac and open up System Preferences. Then click on the option that is named "Users & Groups". On the bottom of the tab there should be a lock, (to the right of it should say, "Click the lock to make changes"), it will prompt you to put in your password. Type it in and press "Unlock". Then, click on the name that you want to change, (it should be on the left of the screen under the category named "Current User"), then right click on it and an option named "Advanced Options..." should pop up, click on it. There will be a lot of confusing options but you want to click on the box that says "Account Name", and change it to your full name all in lowercase. Example: timcook. Then, there will be a tab below it named "Full Name", in that tab you can type your full name as you normally would. Example: Tim Cook. When your done, click "OK" on the bottom right of the screen. Your name should change. To make sure this will be your only display name, just restart your Mac and your done. Hope this helps. If not... please reply to this message.

Solution