Question How Do You Completely Disable Fullscreen Optimisations?

LunarFirestorm

Prominent
Mar 22, 2019
For a while now I have kept fullscreen optimisations enabled and removed it for specific applications on a case by case basis by going into the properties of the executable file and disabling it through that. Recently I decided to turn it off completely after having the trouble of the method I was using not working for some applications (whether it just didn't work or I didn't use the right exe I'm not sure).

Basically after some research, I found that to turn it off completely I had to create a registry file (picture included). Multiple articles said to do the same thing so I assumed it would work, but it hasn't.

Are there any other ways to turn it off completely, or did I just do something wrong?

EDIT: The picture didn't work so I'll just post the link here
https://prnt.sc/q9ww3t

Ralston18

Titan
Reference the following link:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/enable-disable-full-screen-optimizations-windows-10

Note the "Enable fullscreen optimizations" box in the lower left of the first presented window.

If that is not working (or does not work) post accordingly.

However, your registry edit seems to a way to accomplish the same configuration change. Double check your entries to ensure that the changes are as they should be and were saved.

[Cautionary note: Editing the Registry should be a last resort effort and done only have a full registry backup has been made.]

Then via the above link you may need to continue on via Step 3 to configure user applicability.

LunarFirestorm

Prominent
Mar 22, 2019
First off, sorry for the late reply. I have been pretty busy over the holiday season and haven't got around to replying until now.

Note the "Enable fullscreen optimizations" box in the lower left of the first presented window.

If that is not working (or does not work) post accordingly.
I have two options in the display settings, "Graphics Settings" and "Advanced Graphics settings". The "Enable fullscreen optimisations" box isn't present in either of them.

However, your registry edit seems to a way to accomplish the same configuration change. Double check your entries to ensure that the changes are as they should be and were saved.
After I edited the registry and nothing changed I reverted it back to how it was before I edited it. I did make sure it was as it is in the picture I posted though and even restarted my PC to make sure the changes were there afterwards. I could change the values to mimic the screenshot in the article you posted if you think that is worth a shot?

Then via the above link you may need to continue on via Step 3 to configure user applicability.
As I stated in the original post, the third step is what I have been using to disable fullscreen optimisations, but sadly it doesn't work for every application.

TRENDING THREADS