How do you completely remove IE???

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

XP SVC Pack 2. ruined my IE. How do I remove and reinstall (Cleanly) the
new IE?
Problems: Radio buttons on sites do not work now. I have problems logging
into sites. The sites reset. MSN messenger issues as well


Please help...

Mark
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

what version?

"Mark Nyte" <nyte@NOMOREliberals.ca> wrote in message
news:10nssjuhcrijf57@corp.supernews.com...
> XP SVC Pack 2. ruined my IE. How do I remove and reinstall (Cleanly) the
> new IE?
> Problems: Radio buttons on sites do not work now. I have problems logging
> into sites. The sites reset. MSN messenger issues as well
>
>
> Please help...
>
> Mark
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Try http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378

"Mark Nyte" <nyte@NOMOREliberals.ca> wrote in message
news:10nssjuhcrijf57@corp.supernews.com...
> XP SVC Pack 2. ruined my IE. How do I remove and reinstall (Cleanly) the
> new IE?
> Problems: Radio buttons on sites do not work now. I have problems logging
> into sites. The sites reset. MSN messenger issues as well
>
>
> Please help...
>
> Mark
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Here is the odd thing. I had ver 6.1 originally. After installing SPak 2,
in the about section it shows NOTHING? Go figure.????


"lvee" <notmesothere@msn.com> wrote in message
news:eBFWml3uEHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> what version?
>
> "Mark Nyte" <nyte@NOMOREliberals.ca> wrote in message
> news:10nssjuhcrijf57@corp.supernews.com...
>> XP SVC Pack 2. ruined my IE. How do I remove and reinstall (Cleanly) the
>> new IE?
>> Problems: Radio buttons on sites do not work now. I have problems
>> logging
>> into sites. The sites reset. MSN messenger issues as well
>>
>>
>> Please help...
>>
>> Mark
>>
>>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Try http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378
>
> "Mark Nyte" <nyte@NOMOREliberals.ca> wrote in message
> news:10nssjuhcrijf57@corp.supernews.com...
> > XP SVC Pack 2. ruined my IE. How do I remove and reinstall (Cleanly) the
> > new IE?
> > Problems: Radio buttons on sites do not work now. I have problems logging
> > into sites. The sites reset. MSN messenger issues as well
> >
> >
> > Please help...
> >
> > Mark
> >
>
I have XP SP2 installed. The IE About shows this version:
6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803 ...etc. Where did you get version 6.1?
 

neptune

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004
12
0
18,510
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

"Chuck Davis" <ChuckDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3CDE63B1-0375-40A0-A808-FE1760914635@microsoft.com...
|
|
| "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
|
| > Try http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378
| >
| > "Mark Nyte" <nyte@NOMOREliberals.ca> wrote in message
| > news:10nssjuhcrijf57@corp.supernews.com...
| > > XP SVC Pack 2. ruined my IE. How do I remove and reinstall (Cleanly)
the
| > > new IE?
| > > Problems: Radio buttons on sites do not work now. I have problems
logging
| > > into sites. The sites reset. MSN messenger issues as well
| > >
| > >
| > > Please help...
| > >
| > > Mark
| > >
| >
| I have XP SP2 installed. The IE About shows this version:
| 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803 ...etc. Where did you get version 6.1?

Version 6.1 is part of the XP SP2.

I bet the guy has a Virus attacking him, that's why he is trying to unload
everything.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

The link was posted for the information you need, but just to clarify, there
is no I.E. 6.1
There is I.E. 6.0 SP1
Are you sure nothing is listed in the "About Internet Explorer'" located on
the toolbar's help button?
It should be right under the Large letters that say Internet Explorer
However, in regards the link that was provided by Colin B, note this (taken
directly from the article)

"By default, Internet Explorer 6 is preinstalled in all versions of Windows
XP and cannot be removed. To provide computer manufacturers more flexibility
in configuring desktop versions of Windows XP, Microsoft has made it
possible for OEMs, administrators, and users to remove user access to
Internet Explorer while leaving the Internet Explorer code intact and fully
functional to make sure the functionality of programs and operating system
functions that rely on it. For example, Windows XP supports an
"IEAccess=off" switch in the Unattend.txt file, and Internet Explorer has
been added to the Add/Remove Windows Components section of the Add/Remove
Programs tool in Control Panel. This does not reinstall Internet Explorer. "

So, repair is your only option.

"Neptune" <Neptune@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:KfEfd.428416$mD.321915@attbi_s02...
>
> "Chuck Davis" <ChuckDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:3CDE63B1-0375-40A0-A808-FE1760914635@microsoft.com...
> |
> |
> | "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
> |
> | > Try http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378
> | >
> | > "Mark Nyte" <nyte@NOMOREliberals.ca> wrote in message
> | > news:10nssjuhcrijf57@corp.supernews.com...
> | > > XP SVC Pack 2. ruined my IE. How do I remove and reinstall
(Cleanly)
> the
> | > > new IE?
> | > > Problems: Radio buttons on sites do not work now. I have problems
> logging
> | > > into sites. The sites reset. MSN messenger issues as well
> | > >
> | > >
> | > > Please help...
> | > >
> | > > Mark
> | > >
> | >
> | I have XP SP2 installed. The IE About shows this version:
> | 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803 ...etc. Where did you get version
6.1?
>
> Version 6.1 is part of the XP SP2.
>
> I bet the guy has a Virus attacking him, that's why he is trying to unload
> everything.
>
>