How do you enable PDF 's to opened from a web site with windows 8 with firefox

Diane007

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Hi
I am using windows 8 with Firefox as my browser.
If I know a site is safe and I click on the link I get nothing...
nothing opens.
I can not find where to let the computer know that the site is safe and let me download, open and save the information.
Help please

How do you enable the use of link?
Thanks

getbacktosrinu

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Hi,

My questions may seem redundant. But still...

Are you able to see anywhere that the file has downloaded? Firefox on default settings opens a new (albeit, small) "Downloads" window.

Also do you have Adobe Reader/Foxit Reader installed? These will install plugins that will let you open PDF's in the browser.

Also, if you can, can you download Chrome (because Chrome has an inbuilt - PDF viewer)?

And also if the link is directly to the PDF, if you right - click, you will be able to see an option Save ____ as? If you click that then you will be able to download that file, provided it is available.

Just let us know here if any of these work.

Diane007

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
"Are you able to see anywhere that the file has downloaded? Firefox on default settings opens a new (albeit, small) "Downloads" window."
Yes I can see when a file has been download.

More info:
In the bottom right hand corner I have a box with a red line and an arrow in it
When I right click that box I get the following come up Menu bar... Navigation Toolbar... bookmark TB..Wise convert B community TB.. add-on Bar and customize... I believe that my issue might be with the add-on bar.
When I go to a quilting site and try to click on the picture that should take me to a pattern I get nothing.
In XP you got a window that asked you to allow you to open the link.. this is what I can not get.
I can not get window 8 to allow me to open my favorite safe sites . Firefox does not have that with windows 8

It appears that windows 8 Firefox thinks that every thing is unsafe.

Once again thanks for any help that you can send my way

So far nothing has helped and when I searched
Adobe reader/foxit reader in the Firefox plugin nothing came up.

Diane007

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Sorry more info

I forgot to add when I move the mouse onto the box in the right bottom corner
I read a message " Disable PDF Download for this site "
when I right click I get the list of toolbars in the above message

So I believe this box is my issue I need to let the box enable my sites and download the information that i need.