[SOLVED] How do you fix this blinking underscore _? help pls...!!!

Apr 12, 2020
I just tried to get to windows auto-repair several times but it just gets stuck on loading saying "preparing windows automatic repair." after that I tried flipping the ram turning it on and off again, and just draining it then turning it on again.

Those did not work so I tried using another storage system hoping the OS of that would boot up, but no an underscore _ just keep shows up blinking.
I tried to get into boot menu or bios it just won't,then I tried flipping the ram again, tried replacing the storage device, and removing the storage device hoping the bios would just say we can't recognize a boot device, but none of my attempts worked! It's just an underscore _ blinking

Pls help I'm just 14 and I'm dead if I don't fix it. My dad is stuck abroad and I'm stuck here with this BLINKING _.

just ask questions for more details if you need or want.

Solution
You could download a Windows 10 ISO here and flash it to a USB drive. Use the MediaCreationTool for that. Then go to your BIOS, and boot from the USB. If you don't have any other computer than the one which you are trying to repair, maybe do it from a friend PC or something.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
This is usually associated with an issue with the primary boot device. It could be damaged/corrupted or just a configuration issue in the BIOS.

In the BIOS (normally press F2 or DEL at start up for many systems), verify that the proper boot device is selected.

Can you get that far?

Apr 12, 2020
This is usually associated with an issue with the primary boot device. It could be damaged/corrupted or just a configuration issue in the BIOS.

In the BIOS (normally press F2 or DEL at start up for many systems), verify that the proper boot device is selected.

Can you get that far?

No, the bois screen won't even show up just that blinking _

No, the bois screen won't even show up just that blinking _
Just keep mashing the del and/or the F2 keys after resetting/power cycling the laptop,a lot of times the bios is set up not to show to make the boot a bit faster.
Also cutting off the boot up process three times in a row (pulling the battery? ) will get you into recovery mode.

The blinking underscore shows you that the drive is being recognized and boots up but after that it doesn't have the right configuration to find the OS and load it up,which is understandable since it's from a different system.

Apr 12, 2020
Just keep mashing the del and/or the F2 keys after resetting/power cycling the laptop,a lot of times the bios is set up not to show to make the boot a bit faster.
Also cutting off the boot up process three times in a row (pulling the battery? ) will get you into recovery mode.

The blinking underscore shows you that the drive is being recognized and boots up but after that it doesn't have the right configuration to find the OS and load it up,which is understandable since it's from a different system.

I tried that many times already, did not work but still trying.
and also it's not like my computer every time I boot it up a bios screen shows up.
in the laptop an _ just blinks

Apr 12, 2020
You've done this?

NICE! it worked thanks.
now I tried some testing.
it seems the hard drive(HN-M101MBB) wont boot, it just "boot failed"
but the ssd goes to windows automatic repair but shows me a blue screen of death the error was "system thread exception not handled"

Apr 12, 2020
That laptop can only contain either a HDD or a SSD, unless you replaced the optical drive with a caddy to hold a SSD or HDD. Is that what you have?

I have an hdd from another laptop the same size as the ssd it fits on the thing and the bios says "hdd or ssd"
but if "That laptop can only contain either a HDD or a SSD" is the problem then I wont try again I'll just try to get through windows automatic repair with ssd

Apr 12, 2020
You mentioned a different HDD. I am trying to determine what you may have changed since your system failed to boot.
I see, I installed the hdd with a fixed windows 10 cuz I'm trying to boot into that hdd to check if the files are still good but it failed to boot with the hdd, so I'm trying to boot with ssd with broken windows 10

Apr 12, 2020
If the SSD has a "broken" (corrupted) Windows 10, reinstall it and it will fix your issue probably.
yeah I'm trying to do but I don't have the things needed to reinstall windows
I don't have a boot device like a USB drive or a disc with windows 10 on it
but I'll still try to fix it with auto-repair.

Romanio0089

Prominent
Apr 13, 2020
You could download a Windows 10 ISO here and flash it to a USB drive. Use the MediaCreationTool for that. Then go to your BIOS, and boot from the USB. If you don't have any other computer than the one which you are trying to repair, maybe do it from a friend PC or something.

Solution