[SOLVED] How Do you Flash Bios back to normal.

joshuakeen61

Prominent
Apr 26, 2018
I bought a minnig card. MSI ARMOR RX580 8GB. The bios aren't right. I dont have the orginal bios nor do I know how to even flash the bios. Is there anyone that can help me flash the bios. I really need instructions or step by step help please.

Solution
How are you determining the BIOS isn't correct?

In a nutshell, the "how to" is covered here:

You will need to find the appropriate BIOS from here:

Note though, there is a slight risk of bricking the card - so ensure you need to flash the BIOS before doing so.
Would be good to understand your rationale ahead of time...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

Note though, there is a slight risk of bricking the card - so ensure you need to flash the BIOS before doing so.

Solution

joshuakeen61

Prominent
Apr 26, 2018

I believe it is the bios because the GPU speed is lower then it should be. Its at 1200MHz when it should be at 1366MHz. Then again I could be wrong. My drivers are all up to date, nothing is wrong physically so I don't know what else it could be. This is a picture of the GPU-Z pic. and the link to the bios rom.
huf.png

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vnB5v3uB5ogShl_NASOfVK96LNiIwZ4W?usp=sharing
I'm also to nervous to overclock it because Someone I know bought the card new and the GPU speed went to 1366MHZ and I don't know if the bios are right for overclocking.
If you have any idea please help me.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
That certainly appears to be the BIOS versions for the card.

What happens when the card is under load? Do clocks boost? I'm used to seeing a 'boost' clock option in GPU-z.

joshuakeen61

Prominent
Apr 26, 2018
Even under full load it won't go past 1200MHz. Its alittle weird because when benching it at 1080p medium settings the 1200MHz doesn't drop MHz at all. It always stays at 1200MHz and I have an RX 570 and the GPU speed changes all the time, it doesn't stay at the same speed.

joshuakeen61

Prominent
Apr 26, 2018
Thank you it worked. Well kind of instead of it being stuck on 1200MHz now its stuck on 1366MHz which is way better. Maybe there was a weird bios on the list I chose. Again thank you very much.

TRENDING THREADS