[SOLVED] How do you flash BIOS if PC fails post? Clarification needed.

zacharythach

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
Hello, as the title says, I'm clarifying how to flash BIOS to a newer version if the computer fails post. I have a fat32 formatted usb drive, as well as the new bios, downloaded onto my laptop. The read me on the file I downloaded says:

To perform UEFI BIOS recovery using a USB-attached device, follow the instructions below. 1. Using a different machine, copy the "Super.ROM" binary image file into the disc Root "\" Directory of a USB device or a writeable CD/DVD. Note: If you cannot locate the "Super.ROM" file in your driver disk, visit our website at www.supermicro.com to download the BIOS image into a USB flash device and rename it "Super ROM" for BIOS recovery use.

In the file that I downloaded and extracted to a folder, I have the following files: "AFUDOSU.SMC", "C7Z97MF5.622", "FDT.smc", "Flash" (windows batch file), and a readme text document. Which file do I rename to Super ROM? I'm assuming it's the one that starts with C7Z97, but I'm not completely sure. Also, what files do I put onto the flash drive? Is it simply the one that I rename, or is it all of the files?

MOBO: Supermicro Micro-ATX DDR3 2600 C7Z97-M-O