How do you get drivers working on windows 7

Ydur31

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016
i just recently built my first gaming computer and have successfully downloaded windows 7 onto it. After configuring everything I started to download the USB 3.0 drivers, WiFi adapter drivers, and the Nvidia GPU drivers for my graphics card. After downloading them onto a USB from my laptop, i popped them in and started to set them up. the Nvidia drivers worked totally fine and afterwards it could see that i have a GPU plugged in. Then i got to the USB 3.0 drivers. it would go through the download wizard and then say complete but i cant find the drivers in Device manager, or how to use them. also, my motherboard (ASUS z170i Pro gaming) has built in WiFi so i download the drivers for that but is did the same thing. how do i get the USB 3.0's to work and the WiFi set up? (WiFi antenna is the 2T2R ASUS dual band)

cirdecus

Distinguished
So you're saying that after going through the ASUS install wizard (I assume you downloaded them from the ASUS website, not some other place), you're saying that device manager shows your WIFI device as having "no drivers" installed?

Ydur31

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016

I have the disk but I am not sure if the drivers on it are outdated or not

Ydur31

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016

Thank you, I will try that. Is there a certain version of Windows I need in order for the drivers to work. I have a very old version (about 2009) and I was going to use the WiFi drivers to download the rest of the updates.