Question How do you hook up PC / console audio to a mixer?

Sep 8, 2019
If I have the Yamaha MG10XU 10-Input Stereo Mixer with Effects and want to stream, hear PC audio and console audio...

1. How do I send PC audio to the mixer?
  2. How do I send both my Nintendo Switch and Xbox One audio to the mixer?
  3. What cables will I need to achieve this?

My end goal here is to be able to...

1. Talk to friends through Discord (on PC).
  2. Hear twitch alerts and music through the PC while streaming.
  3. Hear my game (whether Xbox One audio or Nintendo Switch audio).

All at once.

The 5/6 and 7/8 connections look to have the inputs you can use. Need 3.5 mm adapters to RCA or 1/4" plugs.
Headphones/speakers connect to the thing, and you can play with the levels to hear what you want.
You will need a separate mic connected to the computer or to one of the other inputs on the mixer.

Sep 8, 2019
The 5/6 and 7/8 connections look to have the inputs you can use. Need 3.5 mm adapters to RCA or 1/4" plugs.
Headphones/speakers connect to the thing, and you can play with the levels to hear what you want.
You will need a separate mic connected to the computer or to one of the other inputs on the mixer.
Sorry for the late-ish response. I was never notified about the response. If I use the 3.5 mm adapter to RCA having the RCA plug into the mixer, where would I plug the 3.5 mm jack into then? Would I plug it into the monitor's audio jack or is there somewhere else that would work better. Because again, I want the ability to hear the Xbox, PC, and Switch. PC and Xbox or Switch at the same time.

Also thanks for helping me out :)

Sorry for the late-ish response. I was never notified about the response. If I use the 3.5 mm adapter to RCA having the RCA plug into the mixer, where would I plug the 3.5 mm jack into then? Would I plug it into the monitor's audio jack or is there somewhere else that would work better. Because again, I want the ability to hear the Xbox, PC, and Switch. PC and Xbox or Switch at the same time.

Also thanks for helping me out :)

Not sure what you mean about the 3.5mm jack, you need to connect whatever you have to the mixer, so the cable would be coming from the source to the mixer. A monitor should not be in this mixture at all, unless you are talking about a monitor speaker for output.

rigg42

Respectable
Oct 17, 2018
The mixer has a built in USB audio interface you can use with the computer. Download drivers for it, connect with a USB cable, route windows audio through it, and press the USB button on the 9/10 stereo channel. Alternatively you can get a 3.5MM stereo to 1/4 inch cable like this and go out of the 1/8 stereo out on the motherboard into channel 9/10 on the board via analog. The first method is preferred.

If the switch and/or Xbone have either RCA or 3.5mm stereo analog outputs (pretty sure that neither of the console's have them) you can just use RCA Cables or 3.5mm to RCA (the cable I suggested for analog out of the computer will also work). These can be plugged into the RCA inputs on 5/6 and 7/8 on the mixer. If you don't have analog audio outputs on either or both of the consoles you can use a DAC if you have an optical toslink output or an HDMI audio extractor if you don't. You would then just connect the DAC or extractor to the RCA inputs on the mixer.

You will need to buy an extractor that works with your resolution and frame rate settings if you go that route. There is a model for 1080p60, 4k30, and 4k60. You'll need an additional HDMI to output the video pass through. You'll also want to set your audio output to stereo in the console's OS.

Hope that helps.