[SOLVED] How do you install shared guest application on XP Virtualbox?

cdoge88

Commendable
Sep 8, 2018
I just recently created an XP vm on my computer, and I want to be able to share files between both my PC and the VM, and I read that you need to install guest application software that is supposed to be in a menu that pops up while running the VM. I don't have that menu while running the program, and I also can't find that setting in the VM program settings whilst the XP VM isn't running... How do I get it to work?

Solution
Hi.

I just did that like two weeks ago, litterally. I don't sit on the same computer now, but here is about what you should do:
  • Turn off guest os.
  • In settings for VM, there is a setting for shared folders - you may have to look for it (I don't just remember the excact path in my head - but I know it is there).
  • Turn guest OS on. The shared folder will appear under "ny networks" in file explorer
Hi.

I just did that like two weeks ago, litterally. I don't sit on the same computer now, but here is about what you should do:
  • Turn off guest os.
  • In settings for VM, there is a setting for shared folders - you may have to look for it (I don't just remember the excact path in my head - but I know it is there).
  • Turn guest OS on. The shared folder will appear under "ny networks" in file explorer

Solution

cdoge88

Commendable
Sep 8, 2018
Hi.

• Turn off guest os.
Where is that... I only see My Network Places and nothing there