Question How --- do you install windows?

Feb 1, 2021
I am trying to boot windows from a usb. The usb has the windows media creation tool installed using the rufus software. The usb is formated as nfts. The bios is the old blue gigabyte bios. Im <Mod Edit> tired of this pls use simple instructions.

USAFRet

Titan
I am trying to boot windows from a usb. The usb has the windows media creation tool installed using the rufus software. The usb is formated as nfts. The bios is the old blue gigabyte bios. Im <Mod Edit> tired of this pls use simple instructions.
You download the MediaCreation tool to a PC.
You run that MediaCreation tool, from an Admin account, and it will give you the option to create the needed stuff on the USB.

Reactions: Krotow

USAFRet

Titan
OK then.

Go here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Download the MediaCreation tool
Have a BLANK flash drive, 8GB or larger. Repeat...blank.

Run that MediaCreation tool
It will give you the option to "Create media for use on a different PC" (or words to that effect)

Do that.

At the end of that process, you'll have a USB to use to install on your other PC.

Read this:

Feb 1, 2021
OK then.

Go here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Download the MediaCreation tool
Have a BLANK flash drive, 8GB or larger. Repeat...blank.

Run that MediaCreation tool
It will give you the option to "Create media for use on a different PC" (or words to that effect)

Do that.

At the end of that process, you'll have a USB to use to install on your other PC.

Read this:
I already have that downloaded

Feb 1, 2021
All i want to do is install windows 10 into my pc so i can use it. My pc has no OS rn. I already downloaded the windows media creation tool onto a flash drive. I would like to know how to get the usb info onto my computer. Please and thankyou

USAFRet

Titan
All i want to do is install windows 10 into my pc so i can use it. My pc has no OS rn. I already downloaded the windows media creation tool onto a flash drive. I would like to know how to get the usb info onto my computer. Please and thankyou
Right.
You don't download the MediaCreation tool TO the flash drive.
You download it to your PC or laptop.

You run it from the PC, and it will create the necessary stuff on the flash drive.

Read those links. It guides you through the whole process.

Feb 1, 2021
Right.
You don't download the MediaCreation tool TO the flash drive.
You download it to your PC or laptop.

You run it from the PC, and it will create the necessary stuff on the flash drive.

Read those links. It guides you through the whole process.
It says to make sure my bios is set to uefi im not sure how to do this