[SOLVED] How do you keep your keyboard clean?

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
Problem is - over time a lot of dust and dirt will accumulate around the keys, it's very hard to clean them up. Not every keyboard is designed to be easily cleaned. Problem of dust and dirt makes some keys not responsive, and I have to press them more hard. What's your advice of keeping the keyboard clean?
Wrap it with thin cling on day 1? Buy a keyboard designed for easy cleaning? Never eat or drink near keyboards? Or other solutions?

Solution
I have done as little as disconnecting the keyboard and wiping down vigorously with a damp cloth all the way to complete disassembly and the dishwasher. The latter method works fine for many types of keyboard, but will advise strongly that you make sure to give time for it to be completely dry before re-assy and use. I damaged a previous favorite (Sidewinder) keyboard that I really would have liked to still be using.

For the average day to day stuff a wetwipe of the like works fine.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I have done as little as disconnecting the keyboard and wiping down vigorously with a damp cloth all the way to complete disassembly and the dishwasher. The latter method works fine for many types of keyboard, but will advise strongly that you make sure to give time for it to be completely dry before re-assy and use. I damaged a previous favorite (Sidewinder) keyboard that I really would have liked to still be using.

For the average day to day stuff a wetwipe of the like works fine.

Solution