[SOLVED] How do you move a recovery partition?

Oct 18, 2019
I'm using asus tuf fx504gd, and previously have windows installed on my hdd. I've bought a new ssd and migrated my os to that ssd. But i realize that the recovery partition has not migrated and stays on the hdd. Can i move it to the ssd? I don't really need it to be moved actually, if i can make the reagentc in the correct path i think that would have helped me!

Right now i'm unable to do windows update and resetting my pc. Any inputs is a great help for me!

Here's the screenshot of my diskmgmt:
View: https://imgur.com/a/APOWT6t

And after using diskpart, i've found that the recovery partition is on disk1 partition4.

Solution
You should ideally reinstall the OS onto the SSD, formatting the OS installed on the HDD. You shouldn't be worried about the recovery drive since it doesn't hold anything of value save for the official Asus wallpapers.

I just recreated the HDD's partition as one complete drive.

Lutfij

Titan
You should ideally reinstall the OS onto the SSD, formatting the OS installed on the HDD. You shouldn't be worried about the recovery drive since it doesn't hold anything of value save for the official Asus wallpapers.

Solution
Oct 18, 2019

alright, so it's better to format my ssd and fresh install windows 10 then?
i'm concerned about my license though, will reinstalling like that makes it void?
i'm using a laptop and the license is oem..

USAFRet

Titan
During the migration, you neglected to move that partition.

Cloning is great, when done properly.
Fixing a weird clone after the fact is a pain.

And no...a fresh install on that drive, in the same system, will not trigger any license issues.

Oct 18, 2019
During the migration, you neglected to move that partition.

Cloning is great, when done properly.
Fixing a weird clone after the fact is a pain.

And no...a fresh install on that drive, in the same system, will not trigger any license issues.

alright, i'll do just that then.
thank you so much for the answers!