[SOLVED] How do you properly clean motherboards?

Brian_246

Reputable
May 31, 2017
Besides canned air. what other solutions are there to get rid of grime? i heard 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol would be good and a gentle bristle brush. However, what about the CPU. should i keep it in the socket or remove it? thanks for the responces

Solution
No need to take the cpu out of the socket unless you overdid the thermal paste application with it spilling over the sides of the cpu IHS.
Aside from that, a gentle brush and some alcohol is fine - it's a good cleaning solution and dries quickly.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
No need to take the cpu out of the socket unless you overdid the thermal paste application with it spilling over the sides of the cpu IHS.
Aside from that, a gentle brush and some alcohol is fine - it's a good cleaning solution and dries quickly.

Reactions: Brian_246
Solution

Brian_246

Reputable
May 31, 2017
Thanks For the advice i needed a second opinion wasn't to sure if i was alright or not. Thanks again!:)