How do you properly ground your PC?

Jul 28, 2018
Would plugging the power cord of your PC (from PSU) in a power strip cord make it ground?
Or would it be best to plug it in directly to an outlet.

Solution
I tought he meant case, from electricity in house, every component should be earthed that can potentially kill you.
Also bad wiring in house, corroded wires can lead to some instability to electric components.
Also that Ive seen more than enough , corroded wores are the most common problem in humidity.

Your pc is always grounded unless you isolate the contact from the plug, or plug a cable without grounding contact, which is sometimes helpfull in sound systems like rock concert, where if the electric amps are grounded can lead to humming or buzzing noise.

In short, in house if the electric worong is proper, and you use cable which was provided with your psu, there is nothing to worry about, PC is always grounded as the screws that...
I have seen that in my pc case is a wire connected between hdd's screw and motherboard screw, also psu screws are acting as ground points.
I know for sure that psu is earthed by connecting 12V fan to 12V and ground to chassy of psu, since the automatic switch has limit of 0.2-0.5A (to save your life, dont do this I have bench psu).

I tought he meant case, from electricity in house, every component should be earthed that can potentially kill you.
Also bad wiring in house, corroded wires can lead to some instability to electric components.
Also that Ive seen more than enough , corroded wores are the most common problem in humidity.

Your pc is always grounded unless you isolate the contact from the plug, or plug a cable without grounding contact, which is sometimes helpfull in sound systems like rock concert, where if the electric amps are grounded can lead to humming or buzzing noise.

In short, in house if the electric worong is proper, and you use cable which was provided with your psu, there is nothing to worry about, PC is always grounded as the screws that hold psu in case, motherboard screws and hdd as i mentioned for that cable as in my pc case.

Solution