How do you remove a hacker who has administrative rights?

Tom4186

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014
My computer has been running slow so I checked my computer and found out that I have a hacker who is a joint user with a / next to my username and it took over and this birdnerd62510 has administrative rights. Is there anything I can do cause if I reset my computer to factory settings I dont have the paperwork to get my anti virus back without having to buy it again.Will this fix my hacker problem? If I dont get rid of this jerk soon who knows what they might do.

Solution

Right. There is quite a lot of weirdness in this.

1. BestBuy installed the OS, but failed to give the install media, etc.
2. A new admin account, based on hobbies and anniversary...

Tom4186

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014
but this jerk user called birdnerd62510 is joint with my wifes name and it kicked my wife off as admin and now birdnerd62510 is. I would have to delete the admin and my wife as the user. I would think that deleting the admin might cause problems. I could be wrong though.

Tom4186

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014
I could possibly do that but, if the hacker got admin rights, he or she made a user based on our wedding anniversary and my wifes hobby so they probably know her IP adress and the network password as well even if I do reinstall/reformat windows

Tom4186

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014
I read up and it says that it may want me to insert a media disk if it needs missing files. I dont have those disks cause best buy installed windows 8 on it for me. Dont want to have a paper weight cause I dont have those disks

USAFRet

Titan

What OS did it come with originally? Windows 7?
And then BestBuy installed Windows 8 for you? If they did, they are required to have given you the install media and the license key.

Please post a screenshot of this. What you're saying makes little to no sense.

USAFRet

Titan

Right. There is quite a lot of weirdness in this.

1. BestBuy installed the OS, but failed to give the install media, etc.
2. A new admin account, based on hobbies and anniversary date. If true, there are WAY bigger problems.
3. What is a 'joint user'?

Solution