Question How do you remove the back panel on a Vizio TV model number E420VL?

Jul 4, 2021
I have a Vizio TV model number E420VL. I removed all the screws on the back, but it will not come off. The problem seems to be in the lower right corner. Is it possible the coaxial port could be the problem? I see screws at the top, left, right, and bottom. There are also screws to remove the base/stand. I also see screws on the right bottom part around the ports, including ones just up and right from there and on the right side where there is a side HDMI and USB. I removed all of them, but I am wondering if the coaxial port is the issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Is it possible the coaxial port could be the problem? I see screws at the top, left, right, and bottom.

I've seen some coaxial ports with metal nuts that you have to remove beforehand, otherwise it shouldn't be the reason.

Normally the back panel should come out clean once the screws have been removed, if it's stuck, don't use force, investigate carefully.

Jul 4, 2021
I've seen some coaxial ports with metal nuts that you have to remove beforehand, otherwise it shouldn't be the reason.

Normally the back panel should come out clean once the screws have been removed, if it's stuck, don't use force, investigate carefully.

Thank you for the reply. The nut was the issue, so I was able to remove the back panel. I was removing it because the TV takes about 15 minutes to completely come on. I thought maybe it was either bad capacitors or the power board itself, but I am not sure. I have included a link to images if that will help: Vizio TV Model Number E420VL.

Thank you for the reply. The nut was the issue, so I was able to remove the back panel. I was removing it because the TV takes about 15 minutes to completely come on. I thought maybe it was either bad capacitors or the power board itself, but I am not sure. I have included a link to images if that will help: Vizio TV Model Number E420VL.

My friend owns a TV repair shop in Ontario, he once said capacitor related issues are the most common problems with those TV.

If you can describe what happens with your TV, I can ask my friend for advice.

Jul 4, 2021
My friend owns a TV repair shop in Ontario, he once said capacitor related issues are the most common problems with those TV.

If you can describe what happens with your TV, I can ask my friend for advice.

When I turn it on, the screen is blank with the top layer barely showing. Thin enough where you barely see part of the HDMI1 showing. Within a couple of minutes, vertical lines show on the screen, mostly in the middle. Eventually, the top starts to show more, than the rest down will eventually show with vertical lines. After about 15 minutes, the screen is fully clear and visible. If he needs pictures, I can always add those if necessary.

Reactions: lvt
When I turn it on, the screen is blank with the top layer barely showing. Thin enough where you barely see part of the HDMI1 showing. Within a couple of minutes, vertical lines show on the screen, mostly in the middle. Eventually, the top starts to show more, than the rest down will eventually show with vertical lines. After about 15 minutes, the screen is fully clear and visible. If he needs pictures, I can always add those if necessary.

I sent him the text, let's wait to see what he has to say.

Based on the description, he says yours is likely to have a faulty logic board. Such part can be had for $60 used. I asked him about the power supply board, he said it seems to be ok because if the power supply board fails you will never get the image on the screen.

TRENDING THREADS