Question How do you remove the bezel from a Samsung S22E390 monitor?

Jun 11, 2019
The monitor died in the last day so I want to investigate if its anything like blown capacitors on the board inside or something else.

However I can't remove the bezel. I have it almost all the way off but the bottom center of the bezel is stuck directly above a small lip with the brand name on it.

It looks like this.

screen.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019
Look up on youtube, When i was opening for a friend to fix it up , it was quite "cringe" not to break it.
Usually they are harder to "pry".

Youtube was the first place I looked. I then went to google but can't find any information on my monitor at all in this regard. Since it's dead I am thinking if the bezel breaks well so what?

Just I have the whole bezel off except for that last bit at the bottom center right above the brand name. That last bit won't budge and I looked for hidden screws or fasteners and can't seem to find any.

Jun 11, 2019
Could you snap some photo? Also if you dont see whats holding it up , maybe light it with torch and look in detail what might be?

I will have a look tomorrow and see if I can get some photos. I really don't want to break the bezel if possible so yeah. I will have a proper look tomorrow and see what the interior is like but it's hard since that middle bit at the bottom doesn't let you pull the bezel up much without stressing on it.

Reactions: RememberThe5th
Jun 11, 2019
OK got it all undone and it was the most obvious thing. Sorry could not do photos.

On the back panel there is a single black philips head screw between the VGA and HDMI connectors and undoing that screw allowed the bezel to come free because it went into a metal plate that was holding the circuit board. That's what was stopping this from opening fully.

Once the screw was out the plate fell free and the bezel came out with it. The bottom of the metal plate was screwed into the bottom center of the bezel. So mystery solved..

The external power supply was dead and one capacitor in the monitor had popped sending its gooey insides over the circuit board.