How do you restore the System reserved partition

ramalpan

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2013
Hello, I am a first time PC builder and have constructed my pc and installed windows 7. I am trying to make a setup where my os is loaded on an ssd (Samsung 840 evo) and my other files on a mechanical hard drive (seagate barracuda 1tb).

After I installed windows I noticed my system restore partition for my os was on the HDD and not the SSD. I ended up accidentally deleting the system restore. How would I make a system restore partition on my ssd and is it necessary?
My computer can boot normally btw.

Thanks, replies are greatly appreciated!

Solution
The System Reserved partition contains the Windows Boot Manager and is therefore the "Active" partition as that's the partition your system boots from (or it would if you hadn't deleted it).

You will have to re-install Windows to restore that partition so your system boots properly again.

If you don't want a "System Reserved" partition, reformat the drive so that there is only one partition on it which fills the entire drive, then install Windows. Windows Setup will then be forced to put the Boot Manager on the same partition as Windows.
The System Reserved partition contains the Windows Boot Manager and is therefore the "Active" partition as that's the partition your system boots from (or it would if you hadn't deleted it).

You will have to re-install Windows to restore that partition so your system boots properly again.

If you don't want a "System Reserved" partition, reformat the drive so that there is only one partition on it which fills the entire drive, then install Windows. Windows Setup will then be forced to put the Boot Manager on the same partition as Windows.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS