How do you see the company Google?

How do you see Google as an company?

• company that makes the world a better place

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • a good company, which you would like to work for if you had the opportunity

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • just like any other company in the world, aiming to maximize profits all the time

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • not a positive image

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bad company that I would not want to work for.

• The evil of the world.

• Total voters

may1

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
Just thought it would be a good opportunity to ask people what the company Google means to the world.
I personally find Google to be an ambitious company, with a goal that ultimately makes the world a better place.

So please participate in the poll, and tell me what you think about Google.

I have mixed feelings on Google. I think the basic intentions are good, or at least used to be. I did some repair work on a guys system that works in a non marked building that is owned by Google. I am not too sure how to feel about a company that does some of its things in total secret. I'm sure other companies do it to but I'm sure I would feel the same way about any other company that does part of its operations that way.

This guy told me that they had hired expert hackers at that hidden facility and that everything, even within the company, is a secret. Some areas of the building doesn't even know what they other areas are working on.

He said there was a LOT of talent hired for that facility with a broad range of field experience. That is interesting and concerning at the same time.

I can't clearly pick a choice you have given, sorry.

If the opportunity arose and I found it to be ethical I probably would do it. I'm always open for better opportunities to improve my life and do something that can make a difference so I would seriously take a look into that if the opportunity came to fruition...

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
Google isn't pure evil, but I won't for a second believe they don't do ANY evil. Any entity (be it a person or a corporation) that is driven by money will inevitably do some bad stuff along the way. Google's job is to maximize shareholders' wealth... and good lord they appear to be doing that.

may1

Distinguished
May 7, 2009

In which case, how do you explain the dispute between google and china?
Im just wanting opinions really, on what google's visions are.

Ma Jok

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010

I have the feeling that google, not as a company, but significaly, knows what are people interested in and they seem to do the follow up in every moment of time.
So, my answer to a question do I want to work for Google - yes for sure. I would love to, but nobody from Google asked me that :)

rambo117

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
As with an corporation, Google is in for the dollar signs, which isn't a bad thing nessessarily, its just the way of life. People astrive to be more, CEOs aren't the image or apex of evil at all, just smart individuals that got really really lucky climbing the ladder of society.

And to answer the question, yes, I would work for Google IF the opportunity was available.