How do you set up 2 ssd's in raid 0 on a msi 970a-g43

nickcap91

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
Hello,
I just built a new gaming rig with 2 corsair ssd's. I was told to run the "raid 0" to get twice the read and write speed. I have had no luck being able to sucessfuly boot while raid mode is selected on the bios(post and pre windows install). I guide or any helpful tips would be greatly apprecatied. Thank you.

Solution
Download the AMD Raid Driver Package (48.9 MB, Rev.13.9)
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows+8+-+32

Acquire a USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Click on the AMD Raid Driver file and it will ask where to install it. Select the USB Flash Drive. and the files and folders will extract to the flash drive. Cancel the Catalyst Install Manager if it pops-up.

Connect the two RAID drives to the first two SATA 6Gb/s ports.. The SATA Configuration is set to RAID. You should be able to connect a DVD-Rom to ports 5 or 6 and use IDE mode on those two ports.

On start-up press the Cntrl and F keys during POST to bring up the RAID Configuration Utility. Create the RAID 0 array and format it. Set the BOOT Order Priority to boot from the...
Download the AMD Raid Driver Package (48.9 MB, Rev.13.9)
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows+8+-+32

Acquire a USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Click on the AMD Raid Driver file and it will ask where to install it. Select the USB Flash Drive. and the files and folders will extract to the flash drive. Cancel the Catalyst Install Manager if it pops-up.

Connect the two RAID drives to the first two SATA 6Gb/s ports.. The SATA Configuration is set to RAID. You should be able to connect a DVD-Rom to ports 5 or 6 and use IDE mode on those two ports.

On start-up press the Cntrl and F keys during POST to bring up the RAID Configuration Utility. Create the RAID 0 array and format it. Set the BOOT Order Priority to boot from the DVD-Rom First.

Insert the Windows install DVD in the DVD-Rom and restart the system.When Windows installation starts you have an opportunity to add the RAID driver. It asks you for the folder with the driver. The setup will show it as the AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Driver. Select the RAID array as where to install Windows. After the installation of Windows completes set the Boot Priority back to Hard Drives.

Look thru the folders on the Flash Drive for SB8XX Raid and select the operating system folder you chose to use. That is the correct folder for the RAID driver you will need. The SB8XX is short for Southbridge 850 which is the same hardware as the Southbridge 970.

Solution

Scott Bragg

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014

I loaded the drivers on to the USB, but when I go to install windows, and scan for the drivers, it says that none can be found. What can I do?

You don't scan for drivers. You select the folder with the drivers that corresponds to your operating system.

You can install the AMD Raid Driver Package to the USB drive. After downloading the package click on it and it will ask where to install it. Choose the USB drive. Cancel the Catalyst Manager if it pops up.

intrabuzz

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014

Hi Calvin,
I just would like to thank you for the solution you posted here. It worked for me setting up SSDs in Raid 0 for 970a-g43 (Vista;-)